AB Group activities principally involve inert materials mostly being aluminium and glass. AB Group do not undertake any activities that use or generate any significant quantities of pollutants or noise, although we recognise that some activities have the potential to cause harm to the environment. It is our objective to review all procedures and processes to identify activities which create harm to the environment and to take all appropriate steps to eliminate, minimize or control the risk of environmental harm.
This policy supports AB Group’s Sustainability policy and describes our responsibility towards the environment. It is our intent to effectively manage and improve our environmental performance and minimize the impact of our business on the environment.
We are committed to do this through the following:
- AB Group will at all times carry out our business in a manner that will promote the least possible environmental impact whilst accepting the governance of: Best Available Technique Not Entailing Excessive Cost (BATNEEC) Under the EPA, Including:
- Where ever possible to reclaim and recycle (where appropriate) products and materials
- Conservation of energy
- To avoid the pollution of air, land and water
- The promotion of these policies to our staff, suppliers and customers
- Continual environmental improvement by implementing business-specific environmental management systems.
- The development of objectives supported by detailed targets, to manage all potentially significant environmental aspects.
- To demonstrate efficiency in the use of energy, water and materials, as well as taking appropriate opportunities to minimize waste and recycle wherever possible.
- Full compliance with all relevant environmental legislation, other environmental regulations and standards of relevance to the industry sectors in which we operate.
- To minimize pollution caused be vehicle exhausts and equipment.
- To publish information on environmental performance, gaining third party endorsements of published performance and benchmarking this performance against others.
- To meet or exceed all applicable government requirements and voluntary requirement to which AB Glass subscribes. Set and adhere to stringent requirements of our own no matter where in the country the company operates.
Environmental procedures fall within the company’s health and safety system. All the above policies are addressed by procedures adopted as part of the health and safety system.